Re: 32/64 bit on sun4u

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: Re: 32/64 bit on sun4u
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:58:14 +0000

On 02/16/11 05:46 PM, Patrick Welche wrote:
On another list a poster thought that libtool was doing the wrong thing(tm),
but it seems to be rather that config.guess needs to be given hints about
sun4u. This means that this probably isn't the right list - but which one
is?

Essentially, he is running a 64 bit system, and is hoping for sparc64,
but config.guess finds sparc-sun-solaris2.9 . config.guess doesn't have
much to go on however:

He could try ./configure CFLAGS="-m64"

That has solved some issues I had generating 64-bit code on Solaris SPARC. I don't think it matters if its sun4u or sun4v.