Re: libtool automake android pthread

From: Gerry Reno
Subject: Re: libtool automake android pthread
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 14:44:48 -0400

On 04/03/2012 02:29 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, greno wrote:
>
>> When I try to build existing GNU toolchain projects
>> using the Android and NDK sometimes I run into
>> problems with pthread.  I get errors like this:
>> ../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
>>
>> Is there a switch to libtool to would ignore -lpthread
>> if it is found since Android already has pthread?
>
> This seems likely to be a configuration problem with those packages. It is
> not a libtool-related issue.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob.  I think it's more of an issue that Android does not need an external
pthread library.

These projects all compiled and linked fine on Linux.  But when you try to link
them using Android you get the error I
showed above.

The error is correct because there is no external pthread library for Android.
 And that is why I was mentioning about
a libtool switch to ignore -lpthread or some kind of conditional that could be
used to detect Android.