Re: AIX apr-util questions / problems

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: AIX apr-util questions / problems
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:34:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012, Perry Smith wrote:
Note that there is no -L options and the -pthread option is present.  To my
eyes, this looks correct.  (Note that the original line also had --silent which
I removed to help me debug this.)

The call to ld is this:

ld -bpT:0x10000000 -bpD:0x20000000 -btextro -bnodelcsect -bM:SRE -bnoentry

Is libtool invoking 'ld' directly in your build, or does it invoke gcc then which invokes ld?

Please post the full unmodified output showing the libtool command and everything it executes as a result.

I don't know how libtool figures out (or does it guess?) what the compiler needs but in this case, it appears to be making a couple mistakes.

Usually libtool queries gcc to see how it would link a program using those major options. Sometimes gcc does not accurately describe what it would do.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn