Re: recursive ltdl causes symbols to disappear from .dll.a on mingw32

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: recursive ltdl causes symbols to disappear from .dll.a on mingw32
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:10:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012, Brice Goglin wrote:

FYI, I finally found the problem.
ltdl symbols are marked as __declspec(dllexport) while my symbols are
not. It looks like it causes all my symbols to be hidden after link.
I am going to look at marking my symbols as dllexport too (we only
optionally used gcc's visibility attributes so far).
Does anybody know if marking as dllexport could cause other problems?

For GraphicsMagick's loadable modules I pass these extra options to libtool:

-no-undefined -export-symbols-regex ".*" -shared -module -avoid-version

Notice the wildcard specification for exported symbols.

Maybe this will help?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn