Re: Can you force the use of the internal argz?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Can you force the use of the internal argz?
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 19:03:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012, Jeff Squyres wrote:
But it's still quite annoying.

I would very much like to avoid the system-level argz for this reason, and use
libltdl's internal argz instead.

Without symbol renaming or special versioning, this would introduce two sources of the same symbols in the same library/program. That seems risky.

If I manually edit libltdl's m4 to make it fail all the argz tests -- thereby
forcing libltdl to use its internal argz functionality -- then all is fine.

Probably you could set the related autoconf cache variables before the tests are run so that they are already assumed to have failed.

Can an option be added to make this supported functionality, perchance? I would be happy to provide a patch if the idea isn't terrible.

If this is done, then it seems that care should be taken to rename libtool's version so that it won't conflict with the glibc versions.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn