Re: cannot build from git/no daily snapshots

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: cannot build from git/no daily snapshots
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:39:52 +0700

Hi Bob,

On 17 ก.ย. 2012, at 2:48, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please make it so that it is possible to use a source tree which has a .hg
> directory even if there is no 'git' program available and even if autotools
> are not the exact same version used to bootstrap the tree.

I don't have (or want) access to Windows, but bootstrap has a '--skip-git'
option. If you rebootstrap on your machine with that option, and the other
tools (autotools, m4 etc) are new enough, and it doesn't work then you've found
a bug. Some warnings about not finding a fit binary, and possibly out of date
gnulib files are normal in this scenario.

If those other tools are not new enough to bootstrap Libtool, then you can take
a tarball made with 'make dist' from another machine and test with that instead.

Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)