Re: cannot build from git/no daily snapshots

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: cannot build from git/no daily snapshots
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:22:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:

Can you send me a terminal dump of what it did when things worked for you, and what it does now (perhaps using bootstrap --debug if there's not sufficient detail in regular bootstrap output to see what has changed for the worse).

If you are suggesting that I should bisect to find a working version from git, I don't have time for such activities at the moment.

I have never attempted to bootstrap libtool under Windows. I have only done 'configure', 'make', and 'make check'. The 'make check' is what is failing now due to using the non-existent 'git' and because 'm4' is a bit too old.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn