Re: no .pc file

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: no .pc file
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:24:22 -0400

On Friday 26 October 2012 16:26:29 Yaroslav Bulatov wrote:

please don't top post

> Sorry for confusing terminology, I actually needed pc file for libltdl
> not libtool The .pc file above seems to have solved my problem

the proposed .pc file is incorrect for libltdl.  you need to specify -lltdl in
the Libs: section after the -L${libdir}.  you also need -ldl in Libs.private:.

you should also have this be a libltdl.pc.in file and have configure generate
it
so that the prefix=... and such lines are automatically replaced with the
correct paths rather than hardcoded ones from your system.

i think it'd be ok for libltdl to ship a .pc file since doing so does not mean
libltdl itself needs pkg-config in anyways.  the generation of the file
requires
nothing more than any other file produced by config.status.  but i'm not the
libtool maintainer ;).
-mike