Re: rpath configuration

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: rpath configuration
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:02:55 +0700

Hi Bob,

On 31 May 2013, at 09:57, "Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 31 May 2013, at 08:28, Bob Rossi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 07:15:50PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
>>> I'm building a program that links against boost with libtool.
>>>
>>> The boost library is installed on the system and is a shared library.
>>>
>>> When i run my program ./test_suite I get,
>>> $ ./test_suite
>>> .../build/.libs/lt-test_suite: error while loading shared libraries:
>>> libboost_filesystem.so.1.53.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>>> or directory

Didn't notice this on first blush, sorry.  It seems you are getting a libtool
link invocation out of Automake after all, so you can probably ignore most of
my earlier reply.

This error seems to indicate that the ./test_suite wrapper script is not
setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly.  Take a look inside that script to see what
is going on, and get some clues of what went wrong with the link.

Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)