Re: how to break out of the libtool rathole

From: Jonathan Perkins
Subject: Re: how to break out of the libtool rathole
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:48:25 -0400

Hi David.  Sorry that I couldn't reply inline, I just subscribed to this
list today.  I saw that you had an issue where it appears that you need
libtool in order to build and install libtool.

Have you tried using the `--disable-maintainer-mode' option at
configure?  This tells automake that it does not need to remake any
autoconf/automake/libtool files that it might think it needs to due to
timestamp oddities.  Hope this helps.

--
Jonathan Perkins
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~perkinjo