Status of link_all_deplibs=no

From: Tijl Coosemans
Subject: Status of link_all_deplibs=no
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:59:59 +0200

Hi,

Back in 2007 there was a discussion on this list about setting
link_all_deplibs=no on FreeBSD (like Debian does).  It was mentioned
there were some subtle issues with that.  I was wondering if what was
said there is still valid or if things have changed.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2007-09/msg00017.html

I ran the tests (make check) with and without link_all_deplibs=no and
the results are the same in both cases.  The tests from indirect_deps.at
all pass successfully.

The reason I'm asking is that in the FreeBSD package system we'd like
to set this on some packages (not globally like Debian seems to be doing
but case by case).  Do you know of any potential pitfalls we might have
to watch out for?

Thanks,

Tijl