git commit forces bootstrap

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: git commit forces bootstrap
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:11:53 +0100

Hi!

In my setup, I have to rerun "./bootstrap -fc" after every commit I make
to my local git libtool repo, which is very annoying. If I forget, and
simply type make, configure runs (I can live with that), but after that
I get this output:

config.status: executing libtool commands
  GEN      ../../build-aux/ltmain.sh
inline-source:   error: file 'build-aux/funclib.sh' not found
inline-source:   error: file 'build-aux/options-parser' not found
  GEN      libtool
config.status: executing libtool commands
  GEN      libtoolize
  GEN      public-submodule-commit

Is it expected that I need to manually rerun bootstrap after every commit?

Cheers,
Peter