Re: git commit forces bootstrap

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: git commit forces bootstrap
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 09:19:07 +0100

On 2013-12-09 04:37, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Peter Rosin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> ok to push?
>
> Just to reiterate: I found the barrier for contributing to libtool had
> become insanely high in years past, to the point where even I found it
> hard to motivate myself to push the smallest of straight forward patches
> through...

I haven't tested the patch on an in-tree build, so I figured I'd just
post it instead of pushing it directly. I was heading for the sack
anyway, and had no rush. However, since you had the same patch lined
up, I have now simply pushed it out without in-tree testing. As you
say below, it's easy enough to clean up it case of minor screw ups.

> Nowadays: git makes it very easy to fix up an error after the fact, and
> I want to knock down the barrier, so if you have made a good effort to
> test your patches, and you have a commit bit, just go ahead and push...
> unless you are worried your patch is not right conceptually or something.

Agreed!

Cheers,
Peter