Libtool 2.4.3 release

From: Arnout Vandecappelle
Subject: Libtool 2.4.3 release
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:37:22 +0100

 [Please keep me in CC, I'm not on the list]

 Dear libtool maintainers,

 Is there a possibility for a new libtool release in the foreseeable future?

 In buildroot, we build all autotools (including libtool) as part of the
cross-compilation process. We recently had to add a libtool patch for
MIPS n64 support, which is annoying because it means we have to re-run
automake etc. to update the autools-generated scripts in libtool.
However, our normal autotools support doesn't work because that creates a
circular dependency. So we have to add a few hacks in the libtool build
steps to make things work.

 A release of libtool would help a lot because then we don't need to
carry patches and we don't need to generate configure etc.

 Thank you,
 Regards,
 Arnout
--
Arnout Vandecappelle      arnout dot vandecappelle at essensium dot com
Senior Embedded Software Architect . . . . . . +32-478-010353 (mobile)