Re: AM_LDFLAGS += -no-undefined

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: AM_LDFLAGS += -no-undefined
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 23:23:40 +0700

Hi Bob; Salut Akim,

On Apr 8, 2014, at 9:28 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Perhaps it would be wise for libltdl to be unbundled from libtool itself and
> libltdl become a separate project.  They would still have a relationship but
> then it would be easier to install libltdl.

Agreed. But it's not straight forward because of the codependence of ltmain.sh
and libltdl.

Nonetheless, it has been on my TODO list for a few years already, and now that
we have a pluggable shell script architecture (from which Libtool bootstrap,
and libtoolize are assembled), it's getting closer to the top of the list...

Unfortunately, I don't even have the time to finish the next release at the
moment =(O|

Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)