Passing flags with mode=link

From: Evgeny Grin
Subject: Passing flags with mode=link
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 23:38:02 +0400

Hi,

I spend a few hours before I realized that libtool did not pass to linker flags
other than -L -l -Wl, and -Xlinker. It's totally confusing as in compile mode
libtool pass all flags to compiler.
Currently there are no way to pass flags like -static-libgcc to linker except
editing makefile/configure.
Common way of setting required flags by setting LDFLAGS before configure didn't
work because simple flag "-static-libgcc" will be ignored by libtool and flag
"-XCClinker -static-libgcc" will cause configure fail on GCC tests.
Moreover, currently many configure tests can be incorrect as configure test
pure GCC/linker with LDFLAGS (and some flags can modify GCC/linker results) but
during "make" stage libtool filter many linker flags and linker works not as
configure expect.
I suggest to pass all flags to linker, as in compile mode.

Best Wishes,
Evgeny