Re: (almost) silent creation of static lib instead of dynamic linked lib

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: (almost) silent creation of static lib instead of dynamic linked lib
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:12:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2014, Evgeny Grin wrote:

Hi!

Libtool always build static lib if dynamic lib can't be created.
This behavior is inconsistent with other build tools. For example if GCC can't
compile something, it fail with error.
If I need a shared lib, this doesn't mean that static lib will satisfy me.
When I run configure with "--enable-shared" (or shared enabled by default), I expect that
"make" will build shared lib or fail with error.

Did you try using --disable-static? Enabling building shared libraries is not the same as disabling building static libraries.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn