Re: libtool: lib: command not found

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: libtool: lib: command not found
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 16:21:33 +0200

Hi!

On 2014-09-05 13:28, address@hidden wrote:
> I'm having some trouble cross building libraries from a Linux machine
> (Debian/unstable) using mingw-w64, seem libtool is looking for a "lib"
> command to generate a .lib library, but the command is missing and I
> can't find it in any package (on stackoverflow I've seen for the same
> problem on Windows is just a matter of adding the path
> VC/bin to the env to let the command be found, but I suspect on Linux
> the lib command doesn't exist at all and something else is wrong).
>
> Here's a libzzip output example but I've the same problem with
> another lib (I suspect any).
>
> libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
> i686-w64-mingw32 shared libraries
> ../libtool: line 1095: lib: command not found
> Makefile:566: recipe for target 'libzzip.la' failed

You seem to have configured libzzip in such a way that it thinks it is
should be built with Microsoft tools. That may not be your fault, but
can we see the config.log file please?

The "undefined symbols" warning suggests that the project has not been
ported to Windows, or at least not the autotools build system.

Cheers,
Peter