Re: rpath for an inter-library dependency

From: Bert Wesarg
Subject: Re: rpath for an inter-library dependency
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 22:24:00 +0100

Robert,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Robert Boehne <address@hidden> wrote:
> So if I read these correctly, you specify the runtime path with -R but not
> the link time location with -L ?

where did you get the impression, that I did not specify -L in
conjunction with -R? We obviously do this, because linking always
succeeds, but running the application not, because the runtime path is
missing.

> Does too run without help if you specify
> both when you build your Libtool library?

It is not about building libtool libraries, it is about linking
applications against libtool libraries, which depend on other
libraries which need rpath information.

Bert