Re: rpath for an inter-library dependency

From: Marcin Zalewski
Subject: Re: rpath for an inter-library dependency
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 16:56:12 -0500

Thanks Bert.

This is indeed exactly the same issue I am facing. I would like the
-rpath option to be added to all programs that use my .la library with
the -R flag in dependency_libs, but that is not happening. As far as I
understand, we agree that the documentation says that an -R flag in
.la lib should result in the appropriate -rpath flags to the linker
when a program linking to that library is compiled. So the patch in
your email thread does the trick? The solution seems very simple.

Regards,
Marcin