libtool is not wanting to play nicely with cross compiler

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: libtool is not wanting to play nicely with cross compiler
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 22:01:32 +0000

I'm working on compiling some code for an ARM processor on a Xilinx board.  I
did not do the work of configuring the cross compiler and so am ignorant about
some parts of this process.

I've finally gotten my configure script to complete and was running the main
compilation when I ran into this error:

libtool: link: warning:
`/src/afalanga/crisscross/tmp/sysroots/zc706-zynq7/usr/lib/libstdc++.la' seems
to be moved
libtool: link: warning:
`/src/afalanga/crisscross/tmp/sysroots/zc706-zynq7/usr/lib/libstdc++.la' seems
to be moved
libtool: link: warning:
`/src/afalanga/crisscross/tmp/sysroots/zc706-zynq7/usr/lib/libstdc++.la' seems
to be moved
/bin/grep: /usr/lib/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive

libtool is pointed in the right direction because the file libstdc++.la, in the
directory indicated, is the one it should be using for cross compilation.
However, the file contains this:

libdir='/usr/lib'

I know this is the source of the warning, but why would I be getting the
warning?  If my understanding is correct, the stuff in this directory is made
into the image what it placed onto the embedded system.  Thus, when that OS is
running, libstdc++.la would actually be in '/usr/lib'.

However, it seems that libtool decides that it will look in '/uar/lib' for
libstdc++.la anyway and ignore that it found the file where it was told it
would.  Well, just as is indicated, there isn't a libstdc++.la file in
'/usr/lib'.  How do I make libtool happy with the la archive (is that what
they're called) that it should be using?

Andy