[Libtool] Proposed upgrade of 3 web pages

From: Therese Godefroy
Subject: [Libtool] Proposed upgrade of 3 web pages
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 15:48:21 +0200

Hello,

I am a member of the gnu.org French translation team [0], and also try
to update web pages with outdated features to make future style
improvement easier. libtool.html, contribute.html and news.html [1] are
among them.

These pages also have leftover links to boilerplate.html, and
two of them haven't been converted to XHTML. Another issue is that the
libtool directory contains outdated files named *.es.html that are
recognized as Spanish translations by MultiViews. As a result, readers
whose preferred language is Spanish are served outdated (untranslated)
versions of the pages. One way to solve this issue would be to simply
remove the old files. They would still be accessible in the CVS repo.
Another way to do it would be to rename them.

The attached diff contains the proposed modifications:
- upgrade the 3 pages to boilerplate 1.79 [2];
- convert contribute.html and news.html to XHTML, and fix validation
errors in libtool.html;
- change section headers in contribute.html and news.html: h3 instead of
h1/h2, and h4 instead of h3;
- change the title of news.html to "Archived News";
- remove the link to the GNU home page: there is one in footer.html.
- add the "emph-box" class (light-gray background) to the <pre> in
libtool.html.

If you agree with those changes but don't have time to commit them to
CVS, I will be glad to do it, with any further modifications you specify
(I would remove the old "Spanish" files unless you tell me otherwise).

Best regards,
Therese

[0] https://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.translations.html#teams
[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/