Re: How to make a C++ -module?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: How to make a C++ -module?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:51:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Robert Boehne wrote:

Patrick,

Did you build the compiler yourself?  Basically Libtool is saying you only
have a static version of your runtime library, so if you built the compiler
yourself, add --enable-shared when you configure.  If not, I'll see if I
can get a NetBSD VM up and running so I can reproduce your problem, but at
first glance it appears to be your compiler.

I am only seeing a static libgcc.a for my own GCC builds for Solaris and also for the GCC provided by Ubuntu.

To me the -lgcc seems suspect. If it is really needed then libtool would need to ignore it when the module is built (as it does) and then the application using the module would need to link with -lgcc.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn