Re: ./libtool[1086]: eval: syntax error at line 1: `|' unexpected

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: ./libtool[1086]: eval: syntax error at line 1: `|' unexpected
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:40:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

If I am parsing things correctly, the "unexpected |" is due to a
missing command. Solaris is very Posixy, and I'm not sure which
command may be running afoul.

Parts of Solaris are very Posixy and other parts are not. Unless things have changed in the past several years, the legacy /bin/sh shell is not very suitable for running configure or libtool. On my Solaris 10 system, there is /usr/xpg4/bin/sh which tries to be more compliant (it is likely a link to ksh93 under Solaris 11), and bash is always available. Configure will usually select bash on Solaris sytems. The selected shell is set in the CONFIG_SHELL environment variable and the user is able to over-ride this.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn