Re: Colons not escaped for setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Colons not escaped for setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 17:56:58 -0800

Philipp Thomas <address@hidden> writes:

> The wrapper script created by ltmain 2.4.6 on Linux sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> as an absolute path. Unfortunately it doesn't escape colons and the
> colon is the delimiter for paths in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So the exe doesn't
> find its library.

> Could someone help me locate the place where I could modify the escaping?

Is it possible to escape colons in LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  I did not believe it
was, and a bit of research seems to support that.

I believe directory names including colons are simply not supported for
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and various other things, such as PATH).

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>