Re: What happened to libtool transitive DSOs?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: What happened to libtool transitive DSOs?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 10:56:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, John Calcote wrote:

After upgrading to libtool 2.4.2, I find that I now have to specify the
additional secondary .la files that are listed in the primary .la files'
dependency_libs property, or I get a link error indicating missing DSOs on
the command line (and I can see that libtool is not adding the transitive
dependencies like it used to. Why was this change made?

Are you using libtool 2.4.2 as distributed by the FSF or are you using a modified libtool distributed by an OS vendor? Some OS vendors modify libtool like this on purpose.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn