Re: Question about static and shared libraries and their usage in a bina

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Question about static and shared libraries and their usage in a binary on Windows in a autotools project
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 08:27:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021, Vincent Torri wrote:

The only solution I can see is : forcing to have only one specific
library. either static or shared, and throw an error if the wrong lib
is chosen at configure time.

And as I prefer DLL compared to static lib, I know what to do :-)

I have the distinct impression that static libraries are rarely used under Windows any more.

While useful for debugging, a lot of projects just don't produce them any more.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/