Attempt to release GNU Libtool Was: Re: macOS version detection in libto

From: Pavel Raiskup
Subject: Attempt to release GNU Libtool Was: Re: macOS version detection in libtool.m4
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 11:25:24 +0200

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 10:02:12 AM CEST Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > A patch [4] was submitted to fix this [...]

I already contacted Jeremy (patch author) with the Copyright paperwork details.

> > Is there anything I can do to help this patch along?
>
> You might step up as a new libtool maintainer, since Gary seems not to
> have time any more for this project.

I can confirm this, we need a new Libtool maintainer(s).  Unfortunately,
neither I've had enough time for Libtool for a long time.

I talked to my manager (employment) and I should get some time in the
following months for releasing Libtool (days rather than weeks).

I'm afraid I'm not able to process all the traffic from the past several
years, so if there are important patches like this one, please bump the
relevant threads on libtool bug/patches/... lists @gnu.org.

Any help is appreciated, I hope we could make it.

Pavel