Re: Introducing a new maintainer of libtool

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: Introducing a new maintainer of libtool
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 18:41:49 -0500

On 17 Jan 2024 20:07, Ozkan Sezer wrote:
> Please remember to check with debbugs.gnu.org:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=libtool;max-bugs=100;base-order=1;bug-rev=1
>
> There are plenty of bugs in there. E.g.:

we're always going to have a bug backlog.  if there's something specific you
want to highlight that you think have been missed and should be merged, then
please highlight them specifically.  not sure how you can up with this list.

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=52253

doesn't look like a regression.  it can wait.

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45738

not a bug report exactly, no existing discussion, and looks questionable.

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46559

merged now.

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=53479

doesn't look like a regression.  it can wait.

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41837

already merged 2+ years ago.

> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23348

no, this shouldn't be merged.  the bug thread clearly says as much.

> (... some of which have already been fixed, I haven't checked.)

as Vincent said, if they're resolved/closed, then there's nothing more to do.

also keep in mind that if it's a long standing issue and not a regression in
2.4.7 specifically from 2.4.6, then it's less of a priority than getting the
new 2.4.8 out the door.  especially if there is no patch.
-mike