Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.3.0

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 3.3.0
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 07:58:47 +0100

“Frescobaldi.app” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

I’ve just downloaded and installed Frescobaldi 3.3.0 on my 64-bit iMac running Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1, but got the above message when I tried to run it.

I was able to override this by following advice here:

and opened a test file. Several warnings came up, so I tried to convert the test file using Tools=>convert-ly.

I then got a similar warning about python3.10...

“python3.10” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

but havent been able to get round this using the same method.

I’m preparing to get back into Frescobaldi for the first time since the onset of Covid, as my amateur jazz guitar outings have been suspended, and I hadn’t needed to create or edit leadsheets. During this time my OS has lost 32-bit support.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Michael Hendry