Re: converting `\markuplist` to `\markup`

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: converting `\markuplist` to `\markup`
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 11:48:51 +0200

> Le 12 avr. 2023 à 11:07, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> a écrit :
>
> What's the proper way to convert a `\markuplist` to a `\markup`?
> `lilypond-book` splits a top-level `\table` into separate lines; I
> want to avoid that because it prevents fine-tuning of the vertical
> spacing of rows.  Right now I do
>
> ```
> \markup \column {
>  \table ...
> }
> ```

What do you mean by “convert”?

I know what it means to convert an int to a float: given an int, there is
(often) a float with the same conceptual value. I don’t know what it means to
convert a markup list to a markup, since there are many ways in which you can
combine the stencils: \column, \center-column, \line, \concat, \fill-line, etc.

What is insufficient with \column for your use case? Are you trying to keep
flexible vertical spacing between the table lines?