Re: Tuplet spacing comparison

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Tuplet spacing comparison
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 00:20:58 +0200

Le mercredi 19 avril 2023 à 23:13 +0100, Paul Hodges a écrit :

I happened to be checking tuplet notation in Gould today, and it strikes me that the default LilyPond treatment of tuplet brackets shown by that example does not follow her clear default rule (which is also stated by Ross, and followed without comment by Stone and loosely (!) by Read), which is that the ends of the brackets align with the outside edges of the noteheads or rests concerned.  For some reason LilyPond aligns with stems instead - which to my mind is ugly, as well as not following the guidance.

Thanks to Martín, it's available, as an option, since version 2.25.0. Try

\layout {
  \override TupletBracket.span-all-note-heads = ##t