Re: Separate dynamics from notes

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Separate dynamics from notes
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 22:55:54 +0200

You can do like this if it’s useful to you, removing the engravers that read
what you don’t want at a specific place.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.25.1"

rh = \fixed c' {c4\pp d\p e\f f\ff}

\score {
  <<
    \new Voice \with {
    \remove Dynamic_engraver }
  \rh
  \new Dynamics %Dynamics context doesn’t have the Note_Heads_Engraver anyway
  \rh

}

Otherwise it is possible to create music functions that replace notes and rests
with spacers or remove dynamics, but I can’t do that for you at the moment.
While they’re not difficult functions they’re not ”built-in”.

The second question is also probably not too hard to write a function for, but
you’ll probably need to be a little more specific about the use case, perhaps
also supply example code.

Best wishes
/Leo