Re: Horizontal note spacing in chant template

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Horizontal note spacing in chant template
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:03:39 -0500

On Wed 17 Apr 2024 at 11:45:51 (+0100), richard@oneill-griffiths.net wrote:
> Hi, I've been using the Anglican chant template to set items for our choir
> and I've just a note spacing problem with one chant (Walford Davies) last
> quarter.
>
> How do I address the note spacing for the B/C clash in the 3rd bar?

voiceThree will provide the offset, and handle the stem correctly.
You can reduce the amount of bracketing too, as attached.

> Now if there's also an easier way to show that voice split in the tenor
> part, I'd  appreciate it.

Conventionally, one uses an arpeggio bracket to resolve the ambiguity
with semibreves, as shown.

I would advise against abandoning convention, and confusing the bass eye,
by any use of stemDown in the tenor part.

Cheers,
David.