Re: Fw: Frescobaldi ... panic alternatives?

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Fw: Frescobaldi ... panic alternatives?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 12:56:34 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 6:45 AM Dirck Nagy <dnagy@uwlax.edu> wrote:
Hi all

Reading that last thread about Frescobaldi and its possible disappearance from Mac is causing me to panic. Jean, I did not realize that you were the last person to seriously work on Frescobaldi / Mac.

I use Mac exclusively, and Frescobaldi / Lilypond is very important to me.

FYI, what I like the most about Frescobaldi are:

  • Templates and wizards

  • Snippets

  • Point and Click selection

  • Syntax highlighting

If Frescobaldi for Mac does indeed vanish, what are my alternatives for a Lilypond editor?

Hi,

Although https://github.com/paopre/Spontini is focused on _very different_ tasks than Frescobaldi, it has the features you just mentioned (they are exposed in a somewhat different way, but they should work), including code completion
I could not extensively test it in the past months, nor I own a Mac, but thanks to CI/CD it should work on newer versions.
I'm planning to make a new release in the next few weeks.
Also, at the moment there are no active contributors for it. Therefore, any help is really appreciated...