m17n-list

Re: Disabling Unicode input with C-U

From: François Patte
Subject: Re: Disabling Unicode input with C-U
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2023 10:01:45 +0100

Le 2023-02-04 05:35, Brad Neimann a écrit :
Hi all,

Recently I started using m17n with IBus, and am very happy with the
resulting experience. However, one point annoys me: whenever I press
C-U, a Unicode character selector appears with the text 'U+',
expecting me to input a hexadecimal character code. I find this highly
inconvenient, especially when using applications which use C-u as a
keyboard shortcut (e.g. Vim).

Is there any way to disable this behaviour of C-U?

If you click on IBus icon you can choose preferences and curiously change this behaviour openning the emoticons tag.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique