m17n-list

Re: Disabling Unicode input with C-U

From: Brad Neimann
Subject: Re: Disabling Unicode input with C-U
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 23:13:29 +1100

You can disable that by creating a file ~/.m17n.d/config.mic in your
home directory (Create the "~/.m17n.d" directory if it doesn’t exist)
with the following contents:

$ cat .m17n.d/config.mic
;; -*- mode:lisp; coding:utf-8 -*-
((input-method t nil global)
  (variable
   (fallback-input-method nil
    "lsymbol")))

which removes the "unicode" from the list of fallback input methods.

(I left "lsymbol" there because that didn’t annoy you apparently, you
could remove that as well if you like (see /usr/share/m17n/lsymbol.mim
for what that does))

Thanks Mike! This solves my problem. I knew from the beginning it came from unicode.mim; just couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.

As for lsymbol, it hasn't annoyed me simply because I didn't notice it in the first case. In fact, it doesn't seem to work at all as a fallback... when I explicitly select 'lsymbol' in IBus it works fine, but in 'fallback-input-method' it does nothing. Odd, that. In any case, it doesn't worry me a lot, since my custom keyboard layout supports many of the same symbols as lsymbol.

Regards,
Brad