m17n-list

Re: Disabling Unicode input with C-U

From: Brad Neimann
Subject: Re: Disabling Unicode input with C-U
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:08:12 +1100

As for lsymbol, it hasn't annoyed me simply because I didn't notice it
in the first case. In fact, it doesn't seem to work at all as a
fallback... when I explicitly select 'lsymbol' in IBus it works fine,
but in 'fallback-input-method' it does nothing. Odd, that.
... So lsymbol can only work as a fallback in those input methods which do
*not* handle "/" already. And almost all input methods already do
something with "/", very few exceptions.

Hi Mike,

I was going to say that my keyboard layout doesn’t handle '/', but in fact it does… it just gets mapped to '47', which corresponds to the character '/'! (Blame the simplistic utility I wrote to autogenerate the .mim file.) So this is undoubtedly the reason why lsymbol didn't work. I guess I could just remove that line, but it's not like I'd find lsymbol useful for my usecase anyway.

(By the way, I've been using a variant of config.mic file you gave me, and it's been working perfectly --- thanks so much!)

Regards,
Brad