masterlibre-list

[Masterlibre-list] New core module: tecnical intro?

From: Gregorio Robles
Subject: [Masterlibre-list] New core module: tecnical intro?
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:45:44 +0100

  Hi,

  while working on specifying the modules of the core part for the
master, I've seen that we've got mainly not-so-technical issues in the
core part (the first six months) and more technical stuff in the
specialization modules.

  I think it would be pretty interesting to add a technical introductory
part to GNU/Linux in the core part in order to let the students get used
and start playing with the system (something that is maybe not required
in future, but who knows).

  The UOC master has such a module, so you can get an idea of what i
mean by looking at its documentation (sorry, only in Spanish, but I
think the index is very easy to understand):

        http://jane.uab.es/pub/guides/debianWoody/introLinux.pdf
        (3 megabytes!)

  This module could have 4 ETCS so I'm wondering, if you agree with me
that something of the sort is needed, what we could do to make it fit
into the 30 introdctory ones!

  best, Gregorio

--
Gregorio Robles          | Grupo de Sistemas y Comunicaciones (ESCET)
address@hidden  | Universidad Rey Juan Carlos