masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] subjects for the master

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] subjects for the master
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:07:42 +0000

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 03:24:51PM +0100, Manuel Carro wrote:

>     I have doubts about some particular data:
>
>     * Some fields have what I think is a "default value":
>
>         + <Tipo></Tipo> is left empty in all the subjects; shouldn't
>         it be TRO (from TRONCAL == mandatory)?  We are dealing with
>         the core subjects now.
You're right (I've translated Tipo as Type). According to the Schema, that
field is mandatory. The choices are: TRO, OBL, OPT, OPE or LIB
Do you know what those mean?

>         + <Nivel></Nivel> is the level at which the courses belong; it
>         is set at "POS" (i.e., postgraduate).  It is possible that
>         this is the right level, but it is still not clear to me: does
>         this mark the degree students have, or the degree students pursue?
Since one of the choices is "DOC" (Doctoral Degree) I guess this is
the degree the student will be granted at the end. In that case, it should
definitely be POS (other choices are GRA, GOS or DOC).

I've translated "Nivel" as "Level" in the English version. Should we also
translate the options? that can be done by the XSL stylesheet.

>         + <Prerrequisito> is set to "None" in all of the descriptions.
That's an optional element. Instead of "None", I would delete it completely
when there are no specific previous requirements for the course.

Jaime