masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Erasmus Mundus

From: Eric Cousin
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Erasmus Mundus
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:58:07 +0100

David Megias wrote :

 Hi all,

   A few months ago I sent you a message suggesting the possibility of
submitting a proposal to the Erasmus Mundus programme to implement a
European Master Programme in free software. We're looking for partners who
are interested in implementing the Master Programme by 2006 and I'd like to
invite you to a meeting in Barcelona next January. My proposal would be to
meet in the week between the 17th and the 21st. We may need a couple of days
in order to distribute all the tasks related to the documentation required
by the Erasmus Mundus programme. I offer my institution (the UOC) to be the
leader of the proposal and to take care of most of the bureaucracy involved.

   What do you think about this?

   Best regards,

      David

Hi David,

We, at GET (a group of several french Grande Ecole d'ingénieurs see http://www.get-telecom.fr/en_accueil.html ), are involved in the Calibre project (see http://hemswell.lincoln.ac.uk/calibre ). Within this project, we want to set up a cursus specialization in Free/Libre/Open Source Software Engineering. [Note that Cornelia Boldyreff , who already answered to your proposal, and several other persons on this list (Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona or Giancarlo Succi among others) are also taking part in Calibre]. At the moment, I don't know what really "implementing the program" would imply, but anyway we would be glad to join the effort and meet all the actors of this action. A precise date should be chosen as soon as possible so as to allow us to come in Spain. At the moment, between 17th and 21st of January sounds OK

Eric

Eric COUSIN,   Professor Assistant in Computer Science   Tel. +33 2 29 00 10 64
ENST Bretagne - Technopôle Brest Iroise Fax + 33 2 29 00 12 82
CS 83818 - 29238 BREST Cedex 3, FRANCE  - Email address@hidden
------------------- http://www-info.enst-bretagne.fr/~cousin/cousin.html ---------------------