masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Erasmus Mundus

From: roberto
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Erasmus Mundus
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:46:06 +0100

Dear Martin,
     the bureaucracy problems vary a lot according to the individual
countries, ... for example, in France, it is not a problem at all to
have external teachers (like IT professionals) in the university
curricula... (the quality assurance is done by the professors at the
University).

If we do get to see this european master in OS, I would love to see
people coming from the Debian project participate in the curriculum,
as the wealth of experience and first hand information they can
bring in is priceless...

--Roberto

    Martin> * Janis Gailis <address@hidden> [2004-12-10 12:19]:
    >> hope (keeping in mind all byreaucracy problems related to the
    >> accreditation of study programs) that there will be some open source

    Martin> Right, I'm aware there are many bureaucratic problems to overcome
    Martin> with involving non-academics in teaching but I hope a solution for
    Martin> this can be found.

    >> So, if you have any expert in mind, please let me know!

    Martin> I asked because I'm personally interested.  I'm the current leader
    Martin> of the Debian project (one of the largest free software projects)
    Martin> and I'm interested in project management and quality assurance.  I
    Martin> also talked to Enrico Zini (another Debian developer) recently and
    Martin> he was intersted.  I could probably find more people.  -- Martin
    Martin> Michlmayr http://www.cyrius.com/

--Roberto Di Cosmo

Professeur
PPS                      E-mail: address@hidden
Universite Paris VII     WWW  : http://www.dicosmo.org
Case 7014                Tel  : ++33-(0)1-44 27 86 55
2, place Jussieu         Fax  : ++33-(0)1-44 27 68 49
F-75251 Paris Cedex 05
FRANCE.
Attachments:
   MIME accepted