masterlibre-list

[Masterlibre-list] New list member from Goteburg University, Sweden

From: Jonas Öberg
Subject: [Masterlibre-list] New list member from Goteburg University, Sweden
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:21:38 +0100

Greetings,

I was recently pointed in the direction of this list. At the Department of Informatics here at Goteborg University in Sweden, we are just accepting the last assignments from students of our course "Open Source/Free software: Philosophy & theory"[1] which we started in November.

The course has had around 200 students (though we expect no more than half of them to finish the course this time) and the length of it has been 7.5 ECTS points. We have offered the course as a distance learning course to anyone with English language skills that has been interested in participating.

We are currently preparing for our next course, "Open Source/Free Software: political science" (also 7.5 ECTS points), beginning in April 2005. The purpose of this course will be to study the effects of technology on the political process by studying how the free software/open source movements organises itself and acts to lobby and affect political decisions in favour for the fundamental messages and ideologies.

--
Jonas Öberg
Systems administrator/webmaster, Department of Informatics,

[1] http://www.informatik.gu.se/eng/education/opensource.xhtml