masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Summer School in Castellón, Spain?

From: Anne Østergaard
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Summer School in Castellón, Spain?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:35:58 +0100

I would be very interested in attending the summer school. Provided that
I am able to find some funding.

My interests are mainly the legal part of the education and how we get
the developers and companies interested in these matters that really
matters a lot to them.

"How you avoid being eaten by the crocodiles in cyberspace and real
space- by knowing (where to find) the rules and thinking before acting"

Questions such as how we are able to regulate good practices and good
conduct for all on the Internet and in business etc.

We have some examples from other sectors:

International trade and food legislation (Codex Alimentarius)

Free competition

Open and free standards

No software patents

Safeguarding libre access, security and privacy to and on the Internet

How we collaborate with the different organizations in the Libre
Software community: FSF and GNOME Foundation and several others.

As mentioned I will start within GNOME. We want to introduce MoLOS at
our next international conference from May 28-31 in Stuttgart, Germany.
Last year members from 41 nations were present.

It will be on May 31st 2005 that the presentation will fit in the
program because it it government, user and exhibitors day and there will
be the biggest number of visitors. I will explain this more in a
separate mail.

I want to thank all for a good meeting in Barcelona. Thank you for all
your work and efforts. I think we are into something big.

Kind regards

Anne

Anne Østergaard
Member of the GNOME Foundation and