masterlibre-list

Re: [Masterlibre-list] Report on the master programme

From: Jonas Oberg
Subject: Re: [Masterlibre-list] Report on the master programme
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:18:03 +0200

Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona wrote:

> focused it on a postgraduate programme on libre software, based on the
> work of this MoLOS group. In fact, I guess we've just put in writting
> what we have been talking about several times.

That's the impression that I get too. It doesn't seem to contribute very
much to the state of the art, and seems to mostly iterate previous
knowledge, if in a more formal and defined way. As such, it lacks in
much the same way, ie. it provides a path for education only for IT
engineers. It would've been interesting to see your thoughts on Free
Software education for other fields, which I consider more important.

However, I'm sure we'll be able to return to that subject later on down
the road. It's something that Mathias and I from Göteborg University
will work on more in depth from this fall on, if things develop as we hope.

--
Jonas Öberg