RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Greetings from a Newbie.

From: Tony Schwartz
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Greetings from a Newbie.
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:14:01 -0800

Thanks for the warm greeting.

Please understand... I don't have any problem with some soldering.  But I am
not into (or good at) soldering Surface Mount chips in place, printing
boards, etc.  I can handle the basic stuff just fine.

Last year I built a partially functional 20' UAV Blimp from scratch.  Linux
on board controller, separate OOPIC II controller to run the servos, GPS,
Video, etc.  I also developed out the ground software in VB incorporating
all of the good mentioned above.  All was well with the technology but that
big old blimp was just a bear to deal with due to size, helium requirements,
winds, etc.

I am looking to continue with the vision concentrating especially on
multiple units at once in the air, communications between vehicles, some
other advanced techniques.

So again, assistance with the grunt aspects of the hardware would be very
helpful.

Thanks
Tony