[Paparazzi-devel] Carry Environmental Sensors

From: Lukas Siebicke
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Carry Environmental Sensors
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:08:01 +0200

Hello Paparazzi people,
I am new to your project, but I am really excited about what you have achieved
so far.
On the search for a platform to carry environmental sensors I came across
Paparazzi and it seems to be almost perfect.

What I would like to do:
-Carry (one) camera for high resolution arial photographs (start with a
standard digital camera, expand to multispectral later if possible),
-Carry sensors for meteorological measurements,
-increase flight time, use solar power if possible,

My background:
I have build and flown model airplanes in the past, I fly myself, and I have
had quite a few thoughts about autopilot related stuff. Currently I work on a
thesis about meteorological measurements.
My University would be happy to use Paparazzi like technology for arial imagery.

What I would like to have:
-an autopilot system to install and test on one of my planes (or on one of your
workhorses),
-an estimate how much time it takes for a person with some basic programming
knowledge etc. (I’m not a freak, guru or anything) to get together a ready to
fly autopilot,
-information on what has been achieved in terms of taking pictures (I’ve seen
some on your website),
-please get in touch if you could imagine to carry some sensors for the
university or if we can arrange a meeting in southern Germany some time (is
that were most of you are?).

Looking forward to any kind of feedback,

Cheers,
Lukas