RE: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS patch tiny

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS patch tiny
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:16:08 +0000

Martin,

How hard are they to solder by hand? I'm thinking that we might want to manifacture the tiny without the GPS and let the end user provide there own GPS. This would allow us to manifacture the boards with a much smaller investement something like 10K$ less...

So after the boards are manifactured we could test several different antenna and recommand the best one...

What do you think?

-yvest

Hi,

some info for those of you who are working on the tiny PCB. The 13x13
ceramic GPS patch is from Sangshin, Korea. The tiny boards we have been
flying so far had a heavier 20x20 patch (we only had a small batch of
them). It might be a good idea to test your board with the 13x13 before
going to mass production as the whole board is part of the antenna and
thickness and material can affect the result.

Martin