Re: [Paparazzi-devel] hello to the team paparazzi

From: antoine . drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] hello to the team paparazzi
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:20:34 +0100

Hi Olivier

You can use a robostix to control your vehicle and you need no gumstix. The
gumstix was intented to run a payload application. The autopilots entierly runs
in the robostix.
Nevertheless, I would not recommand this solution. It seems that nobody else is
using avr anymore, so the code is getting less and less test on this architure.
Furthermore, the robostix is really only a mega128 with connectors, so you will
need to add all peripherals at the end of wires.
Finally, the LPC offer lots of advantages over AVRs, one of the nicest is
flashing through USB. EMI is also much better on LPC boards and this is an
important point if you want a GPS that works well and long rc range.

I think the best solution would be that you get your hand on a tiny - I have no
turnkey solution for you, but if your concern is about soldering the LPC, I can
do it for you in the ENAC reflow oven.

I wish you luck for your project

Antoine

ps: it's really time we find some company to manufacture the fscking boards...
I can't understand nobody is willing to do that given the strong demand :(