[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi starter

From: Francisco Zabala
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi starter
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:25:16 -0800

<snip>
> yes, I just try to start a Paparazzi project also parallel  to other R/C projects with AVR controller (Video Downlink, Videogoggles with  Headtracking, Telemetrie, etc.).

Hi Erwin, welcome aboard!

<snip>
>I've downloaded and burned the Knoppix CD and try to understand a  little bit of this stuff   !

Let me know if you have any Linux-related questions, although, you shouldn't run into any problems with Knoppix (also there is tons of documentation online for any problems).

>By the  way, is there any documentation available for the ground control software  ?

We are doing our best to put all the information on the wiki, this is the link for software installation:
http://www.recherche.enac.fr/paparazzi/wiki/index.php/Installation

Additionally, most of our "troubleshooting" and our discussions are done via IRC, click on the IRC link that is on this page (just say hello, somebody will reply):
http://www.recherche.enac.fr/paparazzi/wiki/index.php/Contact

Also, on the wiki page you have the schematics for the board (if you have hardware experience, maybe you can make the PCB?), although boards should be available soon! You can ask about this in the IRC channel to some of the more Senior members of the group (I'm getting started as well).

> I  have a thread running for building a special platform for such experiments  (little copy of the Aerosonde).

Very Cool!

> P.S. Sorry for my  poor english but I'm a native german speaker    .

No worries, this is an international project. We have a couple of people in Germany, go to the IRC channel (one of the German's nickname is Volker).

Finally, you can send an email to all registered members using this address: